The Sponsor of Choice®
At Moody National, we are not securities dealers or wealth managers providing real estate investments as a sideline—we are experienced real estate professionals dedicated to sponsoring class A assets in major metropolitan markets.
Moody National Realty Company, L.P. and its affiliates have raised equity from more than 1,250 investors through 46 privately offered real estate programs for a total capitalization of approximately 1.4 billion. In addition, Moody National Realty Company, L.P. and its affiliates have acquired approximately 65 hotels throughout the United States, including a 20 property portfolio consisting of more than 2,500 rooms for approximately $400 million in 2007, which was ranked the fourth largest transaction within the U.S. hotel industry.
Prior to sponsoring a property, our analysts source and review hundreds of possible deals. We only pursue those opportunities that meet our strict investment criteria:
- Well-maintained class-A properties
- Located along the East or West Coast or south of Interstate-70 (Sunbelt Region)
- Located in a state ranked within the top quartile of U.S. population growth
- Located within a major metropolitan population center with:
- An expanding Federal/State employment base
- A Major university
- Exhibits signs of technical pressures indicating a future probability of increasing cash flow and asset preservation
- Has stable and sustainable cash flow in place at time of acquisition
According to our research, at this time the hotel space has the greatest supply-demand imbalance among all real estate asset classes. We believe that hotels are trading below their normal pricing, which creates buying opportunities today; while a supply-demand imbalance is expected to create upward pressure on room rates tomorrow.
In addition to requiring that the hospitality properties we sponsor meet the same rigorous criteria as our other sponsored assets, we require that our hotel acquisitions meet two additional standards:
- Must be a “select-service business-class hotel”
- Must be located within a submarket of a major metropolitan population center containing these multiple demand generators:
- Within a high concentration of Office Buildings
- At the gate of a major University
- Near a Medical Center